Magento Forum

Admin backend…. 

jorries

Total Posts:  56

I was working on my own backend, but since the one on magento is so nicely done I would love to take this backand and use it in my own application.

Can you guys supply this backend for me? Or am I crossing the line here?
Would be nice, since magento is definitly going to be my future ecommerce solution, to have the same backend with all features on other applications to create a custom look.

Also, do you plan any extensive upgrades to the functionality in the backend in the final first release?

Would love to hear how I could lift the admin panel out and use this as a standalone framework for my own backend.
Its all for opensource applicatoins so that not a problem

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Administrator

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Not sure what you are trying to do but just make sure you read the license (OSL3.0). If you need ‘access’ to the backend, just download the latest release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

errr..isnt magento already an e-commerce framework for you to output the type of e-commerce front-end you want? wouldn’t ‘taking’ the backend of magento for your ‘own’ application basically mean you’re just using magento itself....??

Magento Community
Magento Community

jorries

What I mean is I would like to take the backend screen, layout, etc
and apply it to my own tables, make my own menu structure, etc

Basically the backend is already there, but i was hoping for some small directions on how to addapt it.
If that is allowed ofcourse.

Its written in Zend framework isent it? Would it be hard to take the admin backend with login routines and apply it to my own database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jorries

anyone wink?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community