Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Semi-duplicate directories, patch submission and stock management

KeX3

Total Posts:  2

We are currently doing some in-house development on magento, and I discovered this morning that I could not check out the code in our svn-repo. A quick investigation showed that in /media/catalog/product/ there had been directories created that weren’t in the original distribution. This, as up until yesterday, was not a problem, however the windows-machine I’m currently on has a hard time facing directories named “A” and “a” right next to eachother.

When creating directories for product pictures, strtolower() should probably be used, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Also, we have created a few minor patches in the area of SEO, and are going to go over some other parts as well. These have been relatively “intrusive” patches ( adding parameters to the load() of Category and Product, in order to verify that the product/category ID matches the given string ( in order to disable duplicate content ) ). What’s the SOP for submitting these patches?

And finally, we’re looking to implement a custom warehouse-management system alongside Magento, with some hooks for stock levels and quantities left. I can’t for the life of me find where these parts are actually triggered in Magento ( the count in stock is in the DB, but where is it actually used? ). Any tips on this?

Best regards,

Björn

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community