Magento Forum

quickplaysport.co.uk home of the worlds most portable footbal goal

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Hi,

Just finishing off this site, theres a few small issues that need to be fixed but other than that Im realy quite happy with it.

http://www.quickplaysport.co.uk home of kickster the worlds most portable footbal goal

I’d appreciate any feedback,

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

A great Sports Shop.

You have managed to give your Shop a total different design than the default magneto theme. Impressive!

Maybe you should consider to change the colors used in the checkout process, to better match the other colors of your Web Shop?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

FANTASTIC JOB !!!  - This is what template customization is all about.

One bit of constructive criticism . .. the large grey block at the top really takes away from the rest of the site.  In my humble opinion, the top of your site should be the green header with your logo.  Perhaps you can put those top header links within that block somehow.

Overall, though . . . very impressive and inspirational job.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Thanks for the feedback,

I was unsure of the grey bar at the top myself but my designer and the client loved it so it had to stay.

I was also going to change the colours of the cart elements but had to focus on getting the site working for the deadline, I had to remake the site in around 6 days so had to prioritise a few things, now the client has seen it he likes the blues and doesnt want me to change it.

I think the biggest reason it is so different from the normal magento template is that I had originally made the site on Joomla and had all the designs fully signed off. I then realised it didnt work quite as it should and had to start agian on a decent CMS but the client still wanted the same site so I had to chop up magento to fit.

Will have a brand new site up in a few weeks for you all to look at, hope its as well received

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gordon_MWS

Total Posts:  18
Scotland

I can only agree with the comments above, it’s nice to see something totally different to the default interface!

I could only find one thing that I would comment on…

The <alt> text for the logo still pops up ‘Magento Commerce’ when you hover…

Really, is that the best I can come up with!?! Must be a good one!:)

Regards,

Gordon

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Nice customization.  I would almost make the background surrounding the site a little darker to balance out the REALLY bright green, but it’s just a personal preference.

Also, not sure if you realize it - but the login screen doesn’t display correctly.  At least not in IE 7.  The text gets cut off and the only field you can see is Email Address.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community