Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Image Problem

CougarD

Total Posts:  23

I have a strange intermittent product image problem…

All images upload fine and the thumbnail shows when the mouse is rolled over. When I set the image to be the base, small and thumbnail the product saves and all looks good. However, some products are fine and others show a placeholder as the default image and the the uploaded image as an additional image.

I also get the message “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” Can someone tell me how to sort that message out? I have had a poke around and just can’t work out how to specify image type and information.

Thanks,

Matt.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lance Monotone

Total Posts:  63
North Adams, MA. 01247

I’m with you there.  Very confusing.

I found this bug report but it doesn’t make any sense because I don’t see a ‘Choose Store View’ dropdown on the Image page: http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1233

My issue is that even though I only have one image uploaded for my Grouped Product, the front end displays that image and a thumbnail of the same image under ‘More Views’.  My Simple Products do not do this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community