Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Login to Admin problems

parkbenchbruce1

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have had a few encounters with the Admin lockout about five years ago. I have a current problem and I looked over the current discussions. From my understanding the cookie in IE 64 bit browser blocks the Varian.php

In magento there is a file Varien.php in that file there is condition looking for domain cookie. And that’s the problem. if you go to app\code\local\Mage\Core\Model\Session\Abstract\Varien.php open this file in any text editor and search for this line of code:
if (isset($cookieParams[’domain’])) {
$cookieParams[’domain’] = $cookie->getDomain();
}
above condition are in latest browser creates problem this always be null on window 7 64bit ie browser

http://www.yireo.com/blog/1296-windows-7-google-chrome-magento-admin-cookie-problem

Can I remove this cookie line? It seems a interlock which is more problem than it is worth.
Thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

If you were able to log into the admin and then suddenly you were not. Then you will need to just clear the browser cookies. Either all, or just the ones for your store.

If this is happening on localhost testing server

-Go to app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php and copy to your local directory with the same file structure

-Find the code,

session_set_cookie_params(
$this->getCookie()->getLifetime(),
$this->getCookie()->getPath(),
$this->getCookie()->getDomain(),
$this->getCookie()->isSecure(),
$this->getCookie()->getHttponly()
);

-Replace above code by,

session_set_cookie_params(
$this->getCookie()->getLifetime(),
$this->getCookie()->getPath()
//$this->getCookie()->getDomain(),
//$this->getCookie()->isSecure(),
//$this->getCookie()->getHttponly()
);

Magento Community
Magento Community

parkbenchbruce1

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the post. I suspected cookies and cleared IE. I even tried to reset the admin password via admin_user” table

http://excellencemagentoblog.com/how-to-reset-magento-admin-passwor.

My website is hosted. I tried alternative browsers which indicates a funny problem. My new thought is to remove all users, create a new try IE and if not successful then try another browser apart from Firefox.
Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community