Magento Forum

Using Dreamweaver for Magento local XAMPP instalation

doctorlogos

Total Posts:  178

I wonder if I can configure Dreamweaver for work with a standar local instalation of Magento using XAMPP (under Windows). I couldn´t find an answer within the forum.

I think it will allow me work CSS styles, right? But I can´t configure my site with the localhost server.

Sorry my low level of knowledge (also my english vampire ), but I´m doing my best in order to learning Magento.

Can somebody guide my question?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dhbyrne

Total Posts:  9

Im having the same problem, has anyone figured this out yet. If so a bit of documentation would be great. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

If you are using it purely as an editor, I would highly recommend a text editor (EditPlus) for Magento, with all the graphics uploaded via ftp (ex. filezilla).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sensi

Total Posts:  103
Paris, France

Off topic but I would recommend zend studio or eclipse over dreamweaver (I haven’t tried dreamweaver CS4 yet), and topstyle pro for the css. smile
Don’t use localhost but rather your local IP (e.g. 192.168.0.1) otherwise you will have trouble with the cookies.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Sensi: nice addition with the TopStyle., I would have to agree.  However, if someone have low knowledge in scripting/coding, that Dreamweaver would have to be the best overall design utility.  However, have you noticed Microsofts Expression? ....Interesting

Magento Community
Magento Community

kidwon

Total Posts:  1

iiNTENSE I’ve just sugn up here and the only reason is to say THANKS!
I’ve been configuring local php server for 2 days and have tried a lot of stuff and found lots of tutorials but still having troubleshooting until I found your simple post!
Just changed the local host with my IP and everything went smooth and easy.  Although it looks nothing to you I really appreciate it

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community