Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
one product, multiple prices. 

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I have set my scope for price to website but when I go to the admin/catalog/products and try to change the price for a website it overwrites the default value which then changes the other website price.

I can’t seem to get my two websites to do different pricing by website even though I have set the scope in system/configuration/catalog/pricing to website rather than global.

I did import all my products from os commerce and I’m wondering if some data wasn’t put into necessary tables.

Any one else having this problem. I’m running Magento ver. 1.0.19870.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

I upgraded to 1.1.2 and I still can’t change the price of a product to be different in different websites. When I select Wholesale website in the admin manage products and then select a product and change the price it changes it for default and for my other websites as well.

What am I doing wrong. Is no one else having this problem?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

ok so to clarify I am able to set different pricing on each website but I can’t set different special pricing on each website… I think this is a bug for sure. I was trying to have the price in default set to $21.99 on this product and then on retail website have a special price of $19.99 and then on wholesale website not have a special price. What I found is that when I set the $19.99 special price when viewing retail website and clicked save it would save that special price to default and wholesale website as well.

I’m going to report this as a bug. let me know if any one else has this same issue on 1.1.2

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

anyone else having the issue of not having special pricing be different on different websites? Here is the link to the bug tracking. It looks like it has been assigned to some one to work…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=2735

Magento Community
Magento Community

nnetfabio

Total Posts:  2

Hi Gabriel, I did the modification you suggested but I have 2 questions:
1. If I search in eav_attribute table there are 8 records containing the attribut ‘price’. Do I have to change the is_global value in all the records?
2. After the modification how is possible to use the feature to set different prices for different store views?
Thanks
Fabio

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShaneB

Total Posts:  6
Madison, Wisconsin

DDMAN - 18 August 2008 01:16 PM

anyone else having the issue of not having special pricing be different on different websites? Here is the link to the bug tracking. It looks like it has been assigned to some one to work…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=2735

I am experiencing the same thing right now and need assistance.  I want the default special_price to be blank and one of my two websites to have a special_price, but each time I set the special_price of one of the websites, the default special_price is changed.

I believe I see that this bug is listed as a fix in version 1.1.7.  We are currently on 1.1.7 and we are still experiencing this problem.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Shane.

Magento Community
Magento Community

speedygolf

Total Posts:  14

Did the suggested “mod” worked for me… Version 1.2.0.2

I did not change any values in sql table.

I was really hoping I would not have to change any core code, but we see how this works. I am sure lots of problems during next upgrade

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2