Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
one product, multiple prices. 

XPSM1730

Total Posts:  70

From the magento users guide:

You can determine the level at which prices are shared in the Catalog Price Scope drop-down. If you select Global, prices will be shared across all websites. If you select Website, prices can differ between websites, although they will still be shared between store views contained in the same website. The price here affects several different areas in Magento. For example, this includes product prices, base currency, price filters in the admin, and catalog/shopping cart price rules.”

I can’t find the price scope option anywhere in the latest release, nor a similiar function anywhere in the admin panel. Why did the developers remove it? I have multiple stores (different languages/URL’S) under one website level, and each store uses the same products but they need different pricing. Pricing now shows as a global rule, which cannot be changed.
How can i work around this problem? Now it looks like each product/SKU can only contain one price.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

I’d like to know the answer to this also. The price attribute is showing [GLOBAL] even though it’s set to website under the attributes tab.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Yes… Why this feature has been removed?

I want to sell the same product in different countries, with different prices and features, and I can’t assign manually the price…

Any ideas of solving this?

Thank you very much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Total Posts:  135
Brasília, Brazil

I’d like to know the answer for this also. The scope for the price attribute is disabled in the latest version.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

Foud this on the wiki, and i think this is the problem:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_the_store_view_affects_categories_and_products

If this is true, the documentation on the user guide is outdated, and I can’t use magento for this store I’m creating now.

I don’t understand why the price has to be the same for all products. The scope logic is applied in all other attributes, why can’t it be applied to the price?

Please, magento team members, community users, give us some light on this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

In case anyone is still dealing with this, i’ve found that the price scope is hard coded as GLOBAL or WEBSITE.

You can see it here:

/**
 * Price attribute backend model
 * @author      Magento Core Team <core@magentocommerce.com>
 */

class Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Price extends Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Backend_Abstract
{

public function 
setScope($attribute)

{
        $priceScope 
= (int) Mage::app()->getStore()->getConfig(Mage_Core_Model_Store::XML_PATH_PRICE_SCOPE);

if (
$priceScope == Mage_Core_Model_Store::PRICE_SCOPE_GLOBAL{
            $attribute
->setIsGlobal(Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Attribute::SCOPE_GLOBAL);

else {
            $attribute
->setIsGlobal(Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Attribute::SCOPE_WEBSITE);

}
    }

}

By some reason we shouldn’t be able to set the price scope to STORE_VIEW. =(

BUT, i’ve changed this method to always return SCOPE_STORE. After some tests I’ve seen that it works, you can have different prices for each store view! SO, I’m guessing this change was made prior to the value conversion based on currency (it seems to be implemented only for the WEBSITE scope).

I’m still trying to set the product currency scope to the store view, it seems to be hard coded as well. I’ll post it here if I find something out.

I don’t recomment these changes AT ALL, it was hard coded by the magento devs for some reason, and should not be done in production in any case.

Cheers,

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPSM1730

Gabriel Queiroz - 14 July 2008 01:25 PM

In case anyone is still dealing with this, i’ve found that the price scope is hard coded as GLOBAL or WEBSITE.

You can see it here:

/**
 * Price attribute backend model
 * @author      Magento Core Team <core@magentocommerce.com>
 */

class Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Price extends Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Backend_Abstract
{

public function 
setScope($attribute)

{
        $priceScope 
= (int) Mage::app()->getStore()->getConfig(Mage_Core_Model_Store::XML_PATH_PRICE_SCOPE);

if (
            $attribute

else {
            $attribute

}
    }

}

By some reason we shouldn’t be able to set the price scope to STORE_VIEW. =(

BUT, i’ve changed this method to always return SCOPE_STORE. After some tests I’ve seen that it works, you can have different prices for each store view! SO, I’m guessing this change was made prior to the value conversion based on currency (it seems to be implemented only for the WEBSITE scope).

I’m still trying to set the product currency scope to the store view, it seems to be hard coded as well. I’ll post it here if I find something out.

I don’t recomment these changes AT ALL, it was hard coded by the magento devs for some reason, and should not be done in production in any case.

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing.
I think the magento developers disabled the price scope because normally each SKU has one price. Otherwise it can get messy in bookeeping and administration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

Makes sense. If that’s the reason, it would be nice if magento could generate the SKU automatically for each store, something like MANUFACTURER-PRODUCT-EN, MANUFACTURER-PRODUCT-ES.

Cheers,

Magento Community
Magento Community

kusi7

Total Posts:  6

i have a store with products from different manufacturars.
then i have a second store with all products from only one manufactuar. in this second store i sell the products 5% cheaper.
so this is not possible with magento :-(

i love the idea of multistore websites, but if you cant have different prices for products that would kill many ideas..

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPSM1730

kusi7 - 16 July 2008 03:00 AM

then i have a second store with all products from only one manufactuar. in this second store i sell the products 5% cheaper.

i love the idea of multistore websites, but if you cant have different prices for products that would kill many ideas..

You can easily duplicate items by using the duplicate function.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kusi7

Total Posts:  6

sure. but i dont want to have redundant products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicolas46

Total Posts:  210
Toulouse

I’d like to know the answer for this also. The scope for the price attribute is disabled in the latest version.

Wrong, On the version 1.0.19870.4 if you go to System>configuration>Catalog>price you will have “Catalog Price Scope”. I check on the 1.1 and this feature is also enabled.

After set the catalog price scope to “website”, if you have more than 1 website you will have a dropdown list on the product grid page, then when you select a website you can edit a product and change his price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

True, it can be set for more than one website, but not for more than one store view. That’s the big problem. Usually, for translation purposes, you are supposed to create one store view for each language, and not one website for each language.

If i set the price scope to website, my products will have the same price for each store view, which creates the problem.

As I mentioned in the post above, the price scope is hardcoded, and can only be set to Global or Website. The reason i’ve got for this to happen so far is you can’t change the currency for each store view, unless the conversion is made automatically via WebserviceX or some other conversion service.

Cheers,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

kusi7 - 16 July 2008 03:00 AM

I’ve noticed that you can have different prices per store view by making the following changes to magento code (in case you’re going to use the same currency in all store views):

On the file /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Attribute/Backend/Price.php you’ll find the class Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Price. Change the method Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Price->setScope() from:

public function setScope($attribute)

{
        $priceScope 

if (
            $attribute

else {
            $attribute

}
    }

to:

public function setScope($attribute)

{
        $attribute
->setIsGlobal(Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Attribute::SCOPE_STORE);

}

After this, go to phpmyadmin, table eav_attribute, look for the “price” attribute (mine has id=49) and change is_global value to 0.

Done. You can have one price per store view. This was tested on the latest stable release (1.0.19870.4).

Again, this is a dirty workaround. I have seen that it works (including payment, invoces generation, etc, etc...), but I would like a magento dev to confirm we can do this. The scope was hardcoded for some reason and this might cause problems.

Cheers,

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

Another thought on pricing for store views is you can have the price set globally and then use special price for each store view and set the special price with no expiration would this accomplish special pricing for each store view?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2