Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How customizable are the pages

crystaldi02

Total Posts:  21
Fontana

Congratulations on a promising product.

I want to make sure that the pages are customizable to our liking and our client’s likings.
We must be able to use flash and place the navigation bars anywhere we choose, especially on the top of the page.

Can the pages be edited using Dreamweaver? 
I really need the pages to look like the attachment

Any answers or references would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jim

Image Attachments
1-home.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Jim,

Magento’s look and feel can be modified to look any way you’d like.

Please see how members of the community have customized their stores look and feel for a unique presentation.

A short list of community Magento stores can be found here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/magento_showcase_stores

The process of changing the look and feel is called - creating a new theme. 

You can read about this process in the Design Guide and also in this screencast..

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

Magento is highly customizeable. Offhand, I can think of a couple of ways to craft what you are looking at doing, here is probably the easiest.
1a-2b would be an easy template change (Header file). 3 and 4 could be done via simple images and html on a CMS frontpage, with links to the categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community