Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Get CMS pages on the header navigation

Markk

Total Posts:  1

Hi All,

I’m currently developing an online store selling organic, chemical free soaps at http://www.hedonat.co.uk (shameless google plug lol).

I was wondering about how to get CMS pages to show up on the header drop-down navigation. I’d like to develop some article content alongside my products to improve the search engine hits and market the products better. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

If you create categories in the catalog section of Magento and then set them to static block only you might be able to use the catalog to generate the dynamic menu for content. This completely voids the use of CMS pages…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

United Media Associates

Total Posts:  48

Look in app/design/frontend/default/beeyou/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml

This is where Magento builds the <ul> for the top navigation menu:

<ul id="nav">

<?php foreach ($this->getStoreCategories() as $_category): ?>
        <?php 
echo $this->drawItem($_category?>
    <?php 
endforeach ?>

<li><a href="#">Top Level</a>
      <
li><a href="#">Sub Level Item 1</a></li>
      <
li><a href="#">Sub Level Item 2</a></li>