Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Move to Dedicated Server - New Image Problem - Please help

redpen

Total Posts:  254

Nobody ever seems to offer to help me, so here’s one last try…

Anyway, moved from XAMPP to a dedicated Linux server and because of the way Dataflow import works most of the images no longer show because of the upper/lower case folder names that get overwritten by subsequent imports…

I’ve renamed all the files on the server to lower case, that worked fine, but when I triy to lowercase the database records in catalog_product_entity_media_gallery it seems to kick the records out of the catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value table - that is, they no longer appear in the Admin back end under the correct small image, base image etc..

Any ideas, I have over 4000 products and can’t seem to make any progress.  I just need to rename all the image paths and filenames in catalog_product_entity_media_gallery to lowercase without affecting any other tables…

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Maybe if I could convert all the product image database reads into lowercase, that would help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

export your SQL (use Ignore Foreign Key Constraints) and replace ALL the filenames within the SQL file to match your server file names, then backup / dump your old DB and import the new one. I just moved a magento installation, and also found old paths in about 400+ locations (some SQL most in the site files (perl)), so make sure you do searches for your old path, old db UN and DB password and update the information as well. don’t know if this helps but hey I tried.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

pixelpusher - 31 May 2008 10:05 AM

export your SQL (use Ignore Foreign Key Constraints) and replace ALL the filenames within the SQL file to match your server file names, then backup / dump your old DB and import the new one. I just moved a magento installation, and also found old paths in about 400+ locations (some SQL most in the site files (perl)), so make sure you do searches for your old path, old db UN and DB password and update the information as well. don’t know if this helps but hey I tried.

Thanks for the reply.  I actually hardcoded one of the core files to convert the filename to lowercase, which seemed to work across the board but I’ll try your advice tomorrow as that seems like a better approach.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Hi.

Nope, didn’t work.  Same problem - I lose all image options in the back end when importing the database.

Any other ideas, this is crippling us?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrphp

Total Posts:  18

I suggest use creloaded, zencart, oscommerce or custom shopping carts as it seems that magento is not ready for the big market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

mrphp - 03 June 2008 10:14 AM

I suggest use creloaded, zencart, oscommerce or custom shopping carts as it seems that magento is not ready for the big market.

Possibly.  There’s still loads of issues, but there are issues with all carts.  I’m struggling with the lack of support on these forums more than anything, to be honest.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrphp

Total Posts:  18

Yeah you’re right but support on this forum is very limited or shall I say almost don’t have a support. Try to browse at the installation area and you’ll see how developers are upset. This is just over rated but its not that actually impressive. Good luck though.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community