Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image upload to Quote & Order entities, and Ordering multiple SKU’s with a Size/Colour Matrix. Any thoughts? 

jamestimbrell

Total Posts:  3
Birmingham, UK

Hi All,

I am a developer in the UK, currently working on a Magento store. I need to extend Magento in the following ways.

1. As part of adding a product to the basket, and from what I understand creating a Quote item, I also want a user of the store to be able to upload an image which will become part of the quote, and then part of the order once they place it.

This is basically for ordering clothing and attaching an image which will be printed on the item.

Has anyone done this? Got any thoughts on how to approch it etc? Done anything similar?

2. We also need to change a product page where a product has “size” and “colour” as selectable options (which select particular SKU’s from a configurable product).

By default the user would need to select a size, and a colour, then select a quantity for the order. We would like to create a matrix which means that a user could select multiple items which different colour/size combinations.

I have attached two image files to help describe what I mean.

Again, does anyone have any thoughts on how to approach this, or has anyone done anything similar?

Any help, or comments would be most appriciated. Feel free to post here, or PM me.

All the best,

James Timbrell
james.timbrell@pslconnect.com

Image Attachments
magento_default.PNGmagento_matrix2.PNG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

HarryM

Total Posts:  40

Hi

We also need to change a product page where a product has “size” and “colour” as selectable options (which select particular SKU’s from a configurable product).

We need to do the a similar thing, but with hopefully also with lead times on stock items. Have you (or anyone else) had any joy with this?

We are looking to do something a bit like the stock matrix here stock/inventory matrix showing size colour and availability

This is my first post on Magento - hope i’m doing the right thing…
Harry

Magento Community
Magento Community

holenderViamo

Total Posts:  39
Stockholm, Sweden

James,
Did you solve the matrix on the order page. We need to create the exact same thing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community