Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Products as a List

guy321

Total Posts:  1

Trying to get my new products to display in a regular list, i.e., full results on a page, with filters on the left side. The only code I have been able to find in this regard is the below, which produces the little slider display meant for the home page. Instead, I am looking for a full-fledged page that is filterable, but still only showing the new products.

{{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be much appreciated. It’s probably pretty straightforward, but I’m a relative novice w/Magento coding. Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kmHelms

Total Posts:  227

Wouldn’t creating a category called “new products” get you what you want?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community