Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Stores Problem - Using as Wholesale Store! 

bloggleme

Total Posts:  101

Prior to multiple stores, I had one store that had all of the products in it. I was then told that we needed an option to register as a Wholesaler. Looked around and nobody had figured it out - great. I decided to make two stores. One for wholesale (with the default customer group as wholesaler) and one for regular products (not discounted). I set everything up just like the video said.

I made a new root category called wholesale. I set my new store (also called wholesale) to use the ‘wholesale’ category as the root category. I added the same categories as my first store into the second. Except, I made sure to go to the ‘Websites’ tab and set the product to only show up in my new store. I also went to all my old products that weren’t wholesale and set them to only use the first store. Hooray right? No.. Heres what happened:

On my homepage CMS (for the first store) I feed in the new products using this code:

<reference name="content">
<
block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page"/>
</
reference>

For the second store, I put the same exact thing because I also want to feed in the new wholesale products. I did some test products, setting them as new. Now, for some reason, both of my stores feed in the same products. Weird thing is, they feed in products that aren’t assigned to them!! They feed in their own products, and products from the other store. This doesn’t make any sense.

If anyone has had this problem or knows a solution, please let me know.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bloggleme

Alright, I tried something else and still got an error. I figure if its going to be lame and pull the same products, ill just assign both websites to the same root category and load the same products. Except, one of them with have the wholesale group as default (and thus get the cheaper price). This didn’t work too well - If I add a product to my cart from one store (/catalog/), then it gets added to my cart on the other store as well (/wholesale/)

I could really use some help with this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bloggleme

Has anyone had this problem before? I can’t figure out what it is. Supposedly, each store is supposed to have its own products and shopping cart. I set all the products to go to a specific website - but they are both loading all of the products in the “newest products” block and the “featured products” block.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

I’m having the exact same problem with my two stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community