Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Basic documentation…? 

absurdparadox

Total Posts:  4

Is there some basic function documentation anywhere? I need to tie magento to a third party system for importing and exporting order information, and automating firing-off of tracking e-mails, etc.

After spending days trying to figure out the basics off how the themes work, which was extremely frustrating and convoluted, largely due to terrible documentation, and now tearing my hair out trying to figure out what some basic functions are called, I’m at my wits end, and ready to switch to another cart.

I mean, maybe I’m missing something here, but I can’t seem to quickly find even a basic list of functions or how this thing is built, with out going through code for hours and hours.

Seriously, how are people who’ve written plugins doing this? I feel like I’ve looked everywhere and found nothing good at all.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community