Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Paypal - website payments pro - maestro/switch option

maxl23

Total Posts:  19

Hi

Has anyone had any problems with taking payment from maestro cards?

I have a Website payments pro account and i’m using the direct payment method - So far it works well with credit cards but when I try to pay with my maestro (using the switch/solo option) I get the same message:

Field format error: Cardstart or Cardissue number must be present

I am entering all the correct info but the error message persists

Has anyone else run into this problem? or have any ideas how to resolve it?

thanks maxl23

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

al_st

Total Posts:  7

I’m also having a similar issue, is there a way of adding the issue number field to the payment option? Also, is there any information relating to adding different card types to the platform using a new payment module?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Eminent Style

Total Posts:  86
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom

Has anyone resolved this issue yet? Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxl23

Total Posts:  19

I havent heard anything - check this thread out…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5889/

if you have any joy let me know as I am desperate to get it sorted

cheers Maxl23

Magento Community
Magento Community

fleet

Total Posts:  8

Paypal Website Payments Pro UK and all other payment methods seem to suffer from the same issue. Turns out that magento 1.0.6 is ready for Maestro but treats the different Solo and Switch as the same. So validation is wrong for Solo/Switch but right for Maestro. I looked round the web for the card codes and found this…
# 6725/6726 - Maestro debit cards (Germany)
# 6759 - Maestro (formerly Switch) debit cards
# 6767 - Solo, a sister debit card to Switch

So having played with validation.js and can confirm that line 645 (a few lines after “Validation.creditCartTypes") should change from…
‘SS’: [new RegExp(’^((6759[0-9]{12})| ..etc…
...to this…
‘SS’: [new RegExp(’^((67[2-6][5-9][0-9]{12})| ...etc…

Magento Community
Magento Community

fleet

Total Posts:  8

Anyone see anything wrong with this solution? It seems to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diosalimited

Total Posts:  31
Brighton, UK and Malaga, Spain

Hi Fleet,

Is this still working okay for you? I use PayPal Payment Pro and having just gone live, we are getting too many of the “Field format error: CARDSTART or CARDISSUE must be present “ payment error emails for my liking!!!

Many thanks

Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

roughlyfamous

Total Posts:  22

If you signed up to Paypal after 1st September then you need to have 3D Secure enabled before you can take Maestro… And currently there is no support for this with WPP.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Airbox Media

Total Posts:  4

For those that are having problems with accpting UK Switch / Maestro / Solo with UK PayPal Pro Direct payments it seems there is a bug with Card Verification Number (security number on the back of the card) number box int he checkout process....

The problem is in the file Cc.php it is expecting a 4 digit Card Verification Number (security number on the back of the card) when UK Switch / Maestro / Solo cards only have a 3 digit number.

Locate the Cc.php file in:

app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Cc.php

and where you see this section of code:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$verificationExpList = array(
‘VI’ => ‘/^[0-9]{3}$/’, // Visa
‘MC’ => ‘/^[0-9]{3}$/’, // Master Card
‘AE’ => ‘/^[0-9]{4}$/’, // American Express
‘DI’ => ‘/^[0-9]{3}$/’, // Discovery
‘SS’ => ‘/^[0-9]{4}$/’,
‘OT’ => ‘/^[0-9]{3,4}$/’

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You need to change - - - ‘SS’ => ‘/^[0-9]{4}$/’, - - - to - - - ‘SS’ => ‘/^[0-9]{3}$/’

basically your telling it to look for a 3 digit number and not 4 which is what is causing the errors.

I have tried it on UK Maestro and Solo cards and they seem to work fine

Hope that helps - Jack

Magento Community
Magento Community

diosalimited

Some of you might find this thread useful too, as it explains how to change the descriptions on the various card options. ie. getting the ‘Switch/Solo’ option to read ‘Switch/Solo/Maestro’ (we found most Maestro customers were trying to use the ‘Other’ option and failing - also seems that Visa Debit cards need to go through the ‘Other’ option, which I had no idea previously about!)

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17989/#t186187

Hope this helps grin

Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

theresfogonthetyne

Total Posts:  5

Hi guys,

So does Magento support 3D Authentication?

I am slightly confused on this matter! Obviously its needed to accept Maestro/Switch, and in the checkout Magento does have the option to accept this method of payment.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

No I don’t think magento supports the 3d authentication.

It’s only a new paypal requirement for accepting maestro and doesn’t come into force until 2010 for current accounts, although if you have only recently opened the paypal account it might require it immediately.
This is why magento natively supports maestro but not 3d authentication.....

If customers are determined to use maestro they could use it through their paypal accounts and checkout with paypal standard

Unless an extension is released to support 3d authentication the options for us are to stop using paypal pro or stop accepting maestro…

If anyone knows an alternative please let us know.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Callum

Total Posts:  21
Kent

We too are having this problem.

We are directing Maestro users through Paypal Standard for the time being, but we don’t know how to implement 3d-secure for Paypal Payments Pro.

Will this be addressed in a future Magento update?

Magento Community
Magento Community

diosalimited

Has everyone been recieving the emails from PayPal this week regarding Maestro integration?

Dear Sir,

We’ve noticed that you haven’t yet set up 3-D Secure on your website, so we want to recommend that you do this as soon as possible. Please remember that as of 21st January 2010, you will not be able to process Maestro payments through UK Website Payments Pro – Direct Credit Card Payments without 3-D Secure technology.

What is 3-D Secure?

3-D Secure is the technology behind MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa, which will helps reduce the risk of chargebacks and add an extra layer of security to your business. From 21st January 2010, 3-D Secure will be essential for processing Maestro payments through UK Website Payments Pro – Direct Credit Card Payments. If you don’t have 3-D Secure, these payments will be declined.

Get started now

You can set up 3-D Secure free of charge through PayPal or Cardinal Commerce, our chosen 3-D Secure technology provider. Avoid disruption to your business and get started now - simply register to receive details of the next steps.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

The link takes you to this page… https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/3dsecure.asp and then onto the PayPal Payments Pro Integration guide here… https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/content/s2/pdf/integration-guides/PP_WPP_IntegrationGuide.pdf

So the question has to be does anyone out there understand if this is all do-able in Magento, or are we stuffed for the time being?

smile

Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Actually, scrub that last comment.

A) the paypal from 1.4. was completely and utterly full of bugs for the 3D secure,
B) But also, the level of file changes required through out the checkout process from 1.4 rendered my checkout as ‘undefined’.

I have informed 3D secure that this is an entirely fruitless and boring exercise to do this. I’ll just be turning off Maestro to be honest.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robertheppell

Total Posts:  28

fleet - 25 January 2009 09:19 AM

Paypal Website Payments Pro UK and all other payment methods seem to suffer from the same issue. Turns out that magento 1.0.6 is ready for Maestro but treats the different Solo and Switch as the same. So validation is wrong for Solo/Switch but right for Maestro. I looked round the web for the card codes and found this…
# 6725/6726 - Maestro debit cards (Germany)
# 6759 - Maestro (formerly Switch) debit cards
# 6767 - Solo, a sister debit card to Switch

So having played with validation.js and can confirm that line 645 (a few lines after “Validation.creditCartTypes") should change from…
‘SS’: [new RegExp(’^((6759[0-9]{12})| ..etc…
...to this…
‘SS’: [new RegExp(’^((67[2-6][5-9][0-9]{12})| ...etc…

The above also needs to be changed for solo in the UK. Solo can start with either 6767 or 6759.

I have tried the above but no joy by modifying the following file:

app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Cc.php

$ccTypeRegExpList = array(
‘VI’ => ‘/^4[0-9]{12}([0-9]{3})?$/’, // Visa
‘MC’ => ‘/^5[1-5][0-9]{14}$/’, // Master Card
‘AE’ => ‘/^3[47][0-9]{13}$/’, // American Express
‘DI’ => ‘/^6011[0-9]{12}$/’, // Discovery
‘SS’ => ‘/^((6759[0-9]{12})|(49[013][1356][0-9]{13})|(633[34][0-9]{12})|(633110[0-9]{10})|(564182[0-9]{10}))([0-9]{2,3})?$/’
);

Thanks

Robert

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2