Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

add to cart even when item is out of stock

wouter13

Total Posts:  9

Hi,
I’ve searched various forums on this problem.
I would like to have the possibility to have the ‘add to cart’ button available even when there is momentarily no stock.
I have an extension that shows the stock levels (Advanced Stock Bar). When an item is out of stock this is also showing.
Every night stock levels are refreshed using an automated import of my distributor.
Standard setting in Magento 1.7.0.2 are correct in my opinion and in accordance with my wish to show the correct stock levels.
When an item is out of stock it should be possible to order this. The customer is aware (or can be) that delivery can take a little longer and I’ll contact customers and communicate delivery lead times.
So what is needed to order items that have an ‘out of stock’ flag?

Image Attachments
ScreenHunter_08 Mar. 10 22.17.gifScreenHunter_09 Mar. 10 22.18.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wouter13

Total Posts:  9

question Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

Interesting question, but no, not aware of how to assist with that. The clients we work with sync data between Magento and distributors/suppliers, so that it’s updated in real-time.

Darren
http://www.nChannel.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kozure

Total Posts:  7

The trick is that the item has to have “Stock Availability” = “In stock” even below 0 quantity.
Catalog->Manage Products->Product Information->Inventory

If the value is “out of stock” you can not order it.

So the correct setting is:

Manage Stock = Yes
Qty for Item’s Status to Become Out of Stock = 0 (is greyed, the Option “Use Config Settings” is marked as yes).
Backorders = Allow Qty Below 0 and Notify Customer
Stock Availability = In Stock

We have the custom stock level extension from amasty.
There you can define icons, messages based on ranges.

-9999999 to 0 : out of stock
1 to 5: low stock
6-999999: in stock

But this is only for the display setting.

Kozure

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community