Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modern Theme… Need Help

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

I own http://www.toycardirect.com

I am in need of some help on the site, How can I change the look of it?

I like the way this is layed out “please note design will not be duplicated in anyway”
http://www.minervapromotions.com/ihsa/store/

I also need to know how I can have the new products section or if this is done by hand?

Also, How do I change the bottom text? I am assuming the same page right?

Can anyone help me out, what file I need to edit and so on.

Thank You!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Wow, thanks for the compliment!

The new products code is actually located in the default cms home page, it’s just commented out in the “Custom Design” tab.  Insert this block:

{{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page}}

in whichever cms page you want the new products to display.  Then all you have to do is specify the new from and to dates within the product information for each product you want to display there.

The bottom text is in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html/footer.phtml I think.  I’m not by my files right now, but it’s approximately there.  After you change it you MUST refresh your cache or it wont show the changes.  The actual extra links (which I took out of mine by disabling them) are in the cms static block footer links.

Let me know if that didn’t clarify what you were asking. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Thanks, I also dont know which document it is I need to edit for the layout.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Pretty much all I changed for the layout were the css files.  If I changed anything else it was just saying which layout for the cms file to use (2 columns, right etc).

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

sent you a pm.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community