Magento Forum

Can this be done? 

Lain

Total Posts:  9
Earth

I am new to this cart solution, in fact I have yet to install a “test” version on my local server. Currently I have a popular B2B website, I have made several thousand lines of custom code to my Joomla-VirtueMart cart system and frankly I can no longer continue with the system since the act of updating over all my custom mods makes it a really hard chore.

Most of these mods I have made were to make the cart perform functions that on the surface look like this cart solution can do already?

So, in short what I am looking to create, or maybe pay a developer here to make for me is a website that has the ability to manage multiple suppliers for the same products and create purchase orders directly from the customers cart for drop shipping.

An example would be as follows.

The customer purchases several producst.. The products are sold by multiple authorized dealers, who are listed as a searchable “attribute” to the website. The customer could search and purchase the items based on any of several options such as ....

1) The closest dealer to them.
2) Lowest Price from all dealers.
3) Preferred dealer.

The customer could checkout with only 1-transaction, but the cart would “parse” the items based on the attributes and generate purchase orders so the authorized dealer could fulfill the orders. So if the customer purchased say 6 products, and they were from 4 dealers the cart would generate 4-purchase orders, each only for the items they are to ship.

If this can be done with a high degree of automation I would be very seriously interested in speaking with a developer to pursue the project. So far this cart solution looks like the most flexible to perform the task. I am also looking to pursue a real time link to QuickBooks for accounting and a bridge to V-Tiger for a web based CRM.

I have already sent an email to Varien to discuss the idea, but was told to maybe see if anyone here can offer some feedback?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nafnaf1000

Total Posts:  209

@Lain.

I also need this, so please let mw know if anything comes up

Magento Community
Magento Community

ds1122

Total Posts:  11

I’ve been reading the discussions about plans for interfacing with quickbooks and the need for a robust purchase order module.  We have a very specific purchase order need that may be related to quickbooks or may have to be developed independently.

We are beginning to explore Magento as the platform for our next generation websites.  Our business model requires us to be able to nightly import stock quantities by UPC from our vendors; upload the information on the live sit (making the UPC’s with no stock disappear) taking orders from customers and faxing those orders for products we don’t have in our own warehouse to our vendors.  This means we need to be able to separate each customer order into two parts:  one that can be invoiced today and one that can be rolled up with all other such customer orders, BY VENDOR, and submitted to each vendor as a daily PURCHASE ORDER.  (It may also mean that we need Magento to track from two warehouses: “on hand” and “remote”.) These purchase orders must be able to be tracked back via order management so when we look up that customer’s order we know that product A has been shipped and product B is on PO#97463. 

Is this possible now with Magento?  Do you know anyone who is doing this with Magento now?  Is anyone else interested in this purchase order capability?

ds1122

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community