Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wholesale functions

Kinxten

Total Posts:  1

Hi

I’m actually responsible for managing multiple existing online wholesale stores (USA/EUROPE) hosted separately and with different languages (FR/EN/NL).
As these stores have multiple articles that are equal I was asking myself if it isn’t possible to add a B2B function in Magento.

Including following points:

- Company name
- Company form (Ltd./Inc./bvba/B.V. ...)
- TAX id field with automatic country ISO code in front of it according to the company location choosed before.
- Phone, fax, mobile, bussiness number

- Product minimum order quantity

Hope this can be implemented in some time so I can start using Magento Commerce in a while grin

Thanks and have a good day.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

This is certainly possible. I don’t expect it to be part of the release in the short term, but you should be able to add such functionality with a few lines of code. It doesn’t sound too complex.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Seurot

Total Posts:  7
Ohio

Hi,

I’m actually looking for some of the same functionality that Kinxten is with regards to minimum orders.  I’m building a site for a promotional company, which requires that you buy at least, lets say 50, shirts in an order.  There is also the issue of trying to work out how to apply screen charges (fixed rate per screen color + small charge per shirt) but I think that can be worked out by myself.  Anyways, glad to see that Magento already has such a large following :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

SCY

Total Posts:  47

It would be a new era for magento to completely supports B2B. It would be wonderful if it goes further to completely support vertical B2B / B2C. Let magento opens up a door for similar business get together easily! It would create millions of vertical websites - imagine you want to buy a phone and open a website where you immediately get thousands of manufacturers!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community