Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

can we promote By one product get one of a different product free

IntelHorsecare

Total Posts:  1

Hi
I can find promotion of how to Buy X quantity of product , get Y quantity for free for same product.

but we are wanting to promote, by one of product A get one of product B free, and maintain inventory. both items are simple products in various categories, i can’t find any reference on how to do this any where.

Any pointers?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Christinale

Total Posts:  88

Hi, I highly recommend you use 2 magento extension: the first one is: Magento Daily Deal extension and the second one is Magento Promotional Gift Extension

Hope it helps you something

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi there,

you may also try this extension: http://amasty.com/special-promotions.html. Due to its flexible rules you can create various kinds of deals.

It also allows to create the promotions your are looking for: ‘Get each 5th product for free (or with discount)’, ‘Buy 3 products from a certain category and get one of them with 40%/50% discount (or for free)’ etc.
The module offers:

- Deals with cheapest and most expensive items
- Discount items to a fixed price and by percent
- Deals with quantity steps, of ‘Buy X Get Y’ type
- Create popular specials with free products

You are welcome to ask for any details and visit our Special Promotions extension page to see live demo and a user guide.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZbyszekTomek

Total Posts:  121

Hi. There are couple options:

1. Promotiona Gift
2. Free Gift

Zbyszek

Magento Community
Magento Community