Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Request: Product Tabs in Description Tutorial. 

Napier

Total Posts:  47

Could we get a tutorial on how to do this?  I see it on half of the production sites out here and would love to know how it’s done!

I tried myself and failed! :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hibs

Total Posts:  4

I don’t have time to do a full example just now but to get you started…

1) Call in your css file in whichever layout you are using i.e. ‘3columns’. This is located in \app\design\frontend\default\default\template\page\ Alternatively you could just add the css to boxes.css located in \skin\frontend\default\default\css\.

2) Edit view.phtml to use your style sheet. This is located in \app\design\frontend\default\default\template\catalog\product\

You’ll most likely want to call your classes on divs containing <?php echo $this->__('Product Description') ?> and <?php echo $this->__('Additional Information') ?>.

Thats it

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community