Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Associate multiple simple product to bundle product through an CSV file

perenmag

Total Posts:  1

Hello,
Thanks for reading my question.
In order to be as clear as possible, let’s imagine the following:
My website is willing to sell computers.
You can choose a barebone, then you choose for other addons (examples):
- Wi-Fi +15$
- 2 GB RAM +20$
- 4 GB RAM +30$
- IP65 casing +150$

I created all simple products: all barebones + all upgrades.
Then, I create a dedicated bundle product for each simple barebone.
Then, I associate the bundle product with the twined simple product through the backoffice.
Now, for each bundle products already including the barebone, I need to associate all addons.

As I have nearly 250 products, and around 50 addons, I would like to associate each bundle to the 50 addons, but I don’t want to use the bundle product backoffice. it will take too much time and generate too much errors.

Any suggestions ?
Extensions, CSV trick, API ?

Thanks for your help.

Luc

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello!

I can offer you Store Manager for Magento solution (fully-functional 2-weeks version available), it has advanced import wizard that allows to upload products with relations or link associated items.

File format and data required in columns see here -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/how-to-create-different-types-of-products-in-magento/magento-bundle-products-import/

Anyway, you may give it a try. It is desktop solution and installation is really simple, besides we offer free support/ It is possible to download trial version from here (no limitations in functionality) -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento-professional-edition-2270.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Try Magimi importer for Magento which supports bundles.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community