Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Matching each product with articles

Gustav

Total Posts:  2
Stockholm, Sweden

In my webshop I have a lot of articles containing information regarding my products. I will make an example to try to explain what I mean. Let´s assume that I sell shoes and that I have written 20 articles about things regarding shoes. For example:

Articles:
Leather shoes
High heals
Dressing for success
A historical view on shoes
Famous athletes and their shoes
Good to know about soccer shoes
How to keep your shoes clean
Proper use of indoor shoes
Water resistant shoes.
And so on…

If the customer is looking at a pair of Nike soccer shoe, he will find links to the following articles in my shop:
Leather shoes
Famous athletes and their shoes
Good to know about soccer shoes

What I am tyring to say is that it would be nice if you could match products with articles that you have written. This function should be easy to make and is very popular with my customers. It is also a great way to get new customers, because the text-heavy articles rank much better in search engines, then ordinary product-pages do. 

As you probably can tell, English is not my first language smile. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. The possibility to match products with articles is a function that I would like to see in Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Gustav - Although Magento is not a pure implementation of a CMS, I think this is rather straightforward to implement. It shouldn’t be that big of an issue to achieve what you are looking for.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community