Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there a way of changing the locale from US to Australia? 

zer0cm

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone,

Just stumbled across magento while searching for open source commerce programs and I am very impressed with what I see so far.
I have been using oscommerce for a while and am fairly confident changing and modding php files.

I would like to change the locale from United States to Australia, can anyone suggest a way that this can be accomplished?

I will be working hard on my installation of Megento to Australianise it smile Starting with the removal of all redundant language and country files & settings.

I have added the AUD currency to the database and although working it has a $A prefix to the price which I would like to simplify to show just $. Anyone have any suggestions to accomplish this?

Excellent product! Such a refreshing change from oscommerce.

Thanks all.
Colin.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community