Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding extra controller to checkout module

joomlavue

Total Posts:  26
Singapore

Been looking the forum thoroughly, but found no sample code concept or explanation of extending module in way of adding a controller.
Can somebody shed some light on this?

I’d like to add an extra controller (let’s name it Test for the sake of simplicity) to the checkout module, here’s how I’ve been trying without any luck, created the following:
App\code\core\Mage\Checkout\Block\Test.php
App\code\core\Mage\Checkout\controllers\TestController.php
App\code\core\Mage\Checkout\Helper\Test.php
App\code\core\Mage\Checkout\Model\Test.php

Tried to load it off from the browser but apparently what returned was “Page not found”, is there any other thing I need to add or modify to get this controller work?

Thank you.

Sphynx.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

I guess you need to tell Magento about the new classes, in an xml file somehow. I’m not sure which file and what to write, though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joomlavue

Total Posts:  26
Singapore

Thanks for replying Anders.

I tried putting the new class in app\design\frontend\default\mytemplate\layout\checkout.xml before but apparently that xml file is for templating functionality.
Although, App\code\core\Mage\Checkout\etc has 2 xml file : config.xml and system.xml, they don’t seem to contain any existing controller for the checkout module that I can refer to.

Any other had done similar thing before?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community