Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Removing scriptaculous js from Home Page header, would it cause an error! 

ChrisSharma

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have recently used this below code in the home page CMS to get rid of all unnecessary css files that were getting loaded and causing slow speed. I removed almost 8 such files. Now the home page loads and I dont get to see the files references in view source.

<reference name="head">
<action method="removeItem"><type>skin_css</type><name>css/print.css</name><params/></action>
</reference>

Now I also want to remove all the unnecessary js files using the same code, which is possible but I need to know the following.

What role do scriptaculous js and prototype play, specific to home page on magento cart? Is it ok to remove them and it would not cause any error elsewhere?

Here is the js code:

<action method="removeItem"><type>js</type><name>scriptaculous/builder.js</name><params/></action>

Please advice.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

davec99

Total Posts:  4

Which file did you add that code to in order to remove the css files?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community