Magento Forum

Comments History

lusas

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

When a new order comment is placed from the backoffice, what do I need to do to also save which user did it?

By the way, it would be very usefull if Varien released a proper documentation for developers, explaining thoroughly how Magento works, what do we need to do in order to make basic customizations, how the db structure works, etc.

The main problem I found with Magento is that it takes me so long to figure out how to make a basic change/customization such as adding new fields or trying to save extra info that now, after having worked for more than 4 months customizing my site, i’m sure that if I’d decided to develop an ecommerce site myself from scracth instead of using Magento, I would have finished long time ago.

It seems to me that Magento is ideal for people who lack programming knowledge or that need a basic ecommerce site, but if you’re an experienced php programmer and what you need is something a bit more singular, it would take you much less time to develop the site you need yourself.

What does everyone else think? I can’t be the only who is struggling wih Magento because of the lack of proper documentation.

Thanks

Lucas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

I am also struggling trying to find out how everything works. Just making small customization takes forever.

That said, Magento was just released 2 months ago so let’s have a little patience. When proper documentation arrives, I am confident Magento will be the best ecommerce solution available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

For some help guys, I would check out the PHP|Architect book, Programming with Magento (or something like that).  I bought it and it is very very useful.  Lot’s of programming examples and how the architecture works.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community