Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

View un-categorized products

pelted

Total Posts:  4

Maybe I am missing something, but there just does not seem to be a way to easily display products that are not categorized. After importing a great deal of products from a system that does not have a matching category methodology, I now need to mass sort them. Doing this in batches from: Manage Categories -> Category Products works, but there really should be a way of showing just products in certain or no category. I know you can select NO from the drop-down, but this shows all the other items in other categories as well. Just not helpful when you have to blast through several hundred products.

Am I missing something that would make this much easier? Unfortunately there is not a way of using the meta-keywords for filtering either. I dumped the old category tree path into the keywords field during my export/import. If I could filter on that then I would be set.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pelted

Total Posts:  4

Ok, so I used the the data import features and while building out the content in a spreadsheet, I assigned the category_ids based on the ID numbers from the categories. This allowed me to quickly categorize them prior to importing. After successfully importing the 800 or so products, from the admin tool Manage Categories, all seems well. Each of my categories has the correct products. Great…

Not so great… Although the backend seems to show that everything is in order, the frontend however is a very different story.

There are no products matching the selection.

Seems to be the party line. Now I created all these categories in the admin tool before importing. However, I wonder if there is some junction table thing that did not happen during import that makes this stuff work on the frontend.

Any ideas on how to get these to show up would be great. Again the backend seems to have everything in order, and all caching is off right now.

EDIT: just checked catalog_category_product, and it seems that the import did correctly create these records, so that is not it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community