Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Cheapest UK hosting that works with magento? 

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

we offer fast shared magento hosting, also fully managed dedicated servers

our demo shop is http://simplewebsitehost.co.uk/, this is running in our shared environment

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

linxbaijy

Total Posts:  52

Xtrahost is very good.  the 1G VPS is fast enough.

Meanbee - 11 December 2008 11:34 AM

NuBlue is about as cheap as you get for Magento hosting.  Haven’t had a great experience with them however.  Web hosting, at least on a commercial level, is a case of “You get what you pay for”.  I recommend Xtrahost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Hello,

You can also check out webhost.uk.net we offer one click auto installer for Magento with all our shared and reseller Hosting packages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MayurJ

Total Posts:  3

Without a doubt, go with MediaTemple GS.  You get a virtual server and can implement Magento to each site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

if you are after a bit of hand holding give us a shout

Magento Community
Magento Community

duffybelfield

Total Posts:  119

We have started offering cheap Magento hosting @ £25 a month!

www.magento-cheap-hosting.co.uk smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoReady

Total Posts:  19

When you start a business online, hosting is an important issue but support on the tools you use is the key.

We provide affordable optimized Magento hosting, but what is really important we provide Magento turnkey solutions and after care plans.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

fizzer

Total Posts:  16

I use evo hosting and I haven’t had any problems yet. All questions they answered very quickly and they are cheap; I use the business hosting plan at £8.99 per month, although you can upgrade to their e commerce hosting for £16.99 per month which includes the domain name and SSL certificate
Good luck
Claire

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simple Servers

Total Posts:  45
Birmingham UK

Magento Community
Magento Community

L.A.B.

Total Posts:  27
UK

I\’ve been using Heart Internet very successfully since 2009.  I managed to install magento myself (even though I\’m not any kind of IT professional) using online tutorials.  I also found the Heart team very quick and helpful with the couple of questions I had. 

I don\’t find Magento at all slow on on Heart either - though I\’ve heard of lots of people worrying about this.  Having said that, I don\’t have a massive store, so maybe that helps.  Anyway, I\’d recommend them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simple Servers

Total Posts:  45
Birmingham UK

simpleservers - 06 July 2009 08:03 AM

our demo shop is http://simplewebsitehost.co.uk/, this is running in our shared environment

We have updated our servers and have two new speedtests to view.

magento shared - Shared Magento Hosting

magento high availability cloud with SSD nodes and SSD sans - Cloud Magento Hosting

both these stores load in under 1 second

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentohoster

Total Posts:  4

I would like to present you the new transparent database and rating platform for companies who offer Magento Commerce webhosting. You can find details about different companies, compare different packages with detailed ratings or find your perfect hosting package.

Customers can score the support, service and price of the listed webhosting packages. Additionally the performance of the hosted webshops will be measured and will be part of the score. For this benchmark, the Magento Speed Test (http://www.magespeedtest.com) is used. An account is not mandatory for this process but recommended to participate in the forum.

Webhosting companies are also welcome to join the platform and to set up hosting packages. This service is completely free of charge and will offer you a great way of presenting your products and the performance of your Magento webshops.

Please feel free to have a look at http://www.magento-hoster.com and share your opinion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shunlee

Total Posts:  34

Titchimp - 25 May 2008 09:57 AM

Hey guys,

I’m looking to have a play with magento but dont wanna pay too much as im just looking to have a play. Anyone here recommend one?

Thanks

I see they have a very good suggestion here and it work well for my site

Believe me, if you want to touch to magento but you go with a too cheap option then it will not work. It just take a lot of your time to fix funny problems come from server configuration. If you hire a developer then it will be a nightmare with them when they have to spend a lot of time for maintain what shouldn’t take their time in good magento hosting.http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/328710/

Magento Community
Magento Community

ahmetsolmaz

Total Posts:  1

There is an alternative http://linahosting.com is cheap and quality one.
They are using virtual private servers and cloud linux for security.
Their server is located in UK. As I know:

100MB Web - 4GB Traffic 8 Euro/Year
250MB Web - 6GB Traffic 12 Euro/Year
500MB Web - 8GB Traffic 15 Euro/Year

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

For reference, it does not work, the correct figure is 1% of revenue for hosting, you can start off with 0.5% of revenue but make sure you are using scalable hosting (moving is not much fun). If you have many stores, many products, many extensions, a lot of custom code, slow theme (ajax) then you may need more than the 1% revenue figure. Any less, and in the months to years ahead you will wonder why your site is not working, a lot comes down to this, it is how the enterprise companies work.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3