Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Cheapest UK hosting that works with magento? 

Titchimp

Total Posts:  1

Hey guys,

I’m looking to have a play with magento but dont wanna pay too much as im just looking to have a play. Anyone here recommend one?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prosurf

Total Posts:  11

If you’re just looking to have a play and find out how it works then a local install using WAMP or XAMP won’t cost you anything.

MG

Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

Hi there,

If you’re interested, Magento runs absolutely fine on our Shared Hosting.  Our prices are competetive if you want to browse our site - http://www.nublue.co.uk/shared_hosting/ - and there is a link to our demo site in our signature if you want to have a look at the performance (it’s running on the same service you would be on, so it’s a very accurate indication).

Cheers,

Ewan

Magento Community
Magento Community

shaun

Total Posts:  39
Todmorden, UK

I’ve set up Magento for quite a few UK users now with shared hosting if you want to give us a try.

http://www.aegishosting.co.uk/

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

I’m not getting paid to say this (!) - my experience with NUBlue has been good so far.  I’ve only been with them a couple of weeks so early days, but their customer service is excellent, and when you ring up I get the feeling they have a good understanding of the technologies.

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rousie

Total Posts:  58

If only NuBlue were a tad cheaper, i’d instantly sign up for a year, as i’ve got a Magento Site to get running ASAP and love thier credentials, info, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meanbee

Total Posts:  100
Bath, UK

NuBlue is about as cheap as you get for Magento hosting.  Haven’t had a great experience with them however.  Web hosting, at least on a commercial level, is a case of “You get what you pay for”.  I recommend Xtrahost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rousie

Total Posts:  58

Don’t say that, ive just taken a years hosting with them!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spa World

Total Posts:  1

www.fastvision.co.uk for magento hosting, domain reg, SSL certs etc - your one stop shop for hosting an ecommerce site. With some of the best connectivity in the world, fastvison have servers in London’s docklands, and lightening fast speeds - check them out! They also offer reseller packages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NetHosted - Darryl

Total Posts:  2

Feel free to check out our Magento hosting service, we offer this across all of our web hosting plans and have a live magento demo store, if you have any questions regarding this just drop us a message or support ticket!

Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

We have shared and vps servers tweaked for magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

these days any sensible hosting company will support magento… even 1and1 will run it.

there’s this myth that Magento has some really special requirements which is basically not true. It just needs some up to date software (not too much to ask) and that’s about it really for a basic hosting environment.

Of course there is more you can do if you want.

I’ve had good experiences with NuBlue, UKFast and Rack Space - covering a breadth of clients from small to pretty big (you have to be to afford rackspace)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rooni

Total Posts:  87
England

hello everyone there i was wondering which one is the best server for magento , who shall i go with coz there are so many and i am confused

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickygri

Total Posts:  22

I’ve been using United hosting. Great customer support, had them install magento the first time instead of wasting my time with ssh, backups for the whole site for up to two weeks (came in handy a few times). Also, their support team regularly assist people on the united support forum, even though they have great response times for the support tickets.
Also, load times for magento are quicker than other hosts I’ve tried.
www.unitedhosting.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Qube3

Total Posts:  2

You could try Heartinternet - you need to play around with the file permissions on install (just google ‘Heart internet Magento’ and you should find a tutorial within the Magento forums.

Once it’s on there it works a dream. (especially if you turn caching off - strange I know, but it really does speed things up).

Kind Regards

Pete

Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleservers

Total Posts:  20

we offer fast shared magento hosting, also fully managed dedicated servers

our demo shop is http://simplewebsitehost.co.uk/, this is running in our shared environment

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3