Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customization best practices

lpetrov

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I took a quick look at the documentation, but did not find out an answer to this question. As Magento is highly complicated and has own ‘way’ of doing things, I want to ask a couple of questions about the best way to achieve the results.

I want to add functionality to Magento, namely to add items in the Customer menu and be able to generate information from outside source into the content area. What is the way to do this best?

Also - if I want to pull out data from outside source, but customize the parameters first, what is the way to do this in Magento?

Quick step-by-step explanation or a pointer to a doc that explains it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community