Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.8.1 Nothing happens when I click ‘add to cart’ button on product page

nourahm

Total Posts:  7

Hello,

When testing my site, you can add to cart from the category grid view, but once you click on ‘product view’, if you click the ‘add to cart’ button, regardless of quantity, nothing happens.  It’s like the button is not active, but just an image.  The page doesn’t refresh, the cart doesn’t get updated. Nothing happens.

I’m using a theme that uses the ‘base’ theme for all important functions, so changing the cart.phtml of my theme doesn’t apply.  My theme doesn’t have it’s own cart.phtml. 

Also, the wishlist link doesn’t do anything if you click it. When I hover on the wishlist link I do see a valid link show up (https://babasoasis.com/wishlist/index/add/product/455/form_key/EG7yUoS7KiJMTtlc/), but when I click it nothing happens. 

As I mentioned, any fix I have found suggests to change something in my theme, but my theme doesn’t use it’s own files for major functions, it uses the ‘base’ theme files already found in the core Magento.

I never had a need to change my ‘base’ theme files, so they are the same original files included in the original (1.7.2) installation package.  Once I upgraded to 1.8, then 1.8.1, things just stopped working like they should (eg. buttons and links not working).

http://babasoasis.com is the website...everything is live for testing, except I have authorize.net direct post is still in testing mode.

Thanks for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nourahm

Total Posts:  7

I fixed this problem by disabling 3 different extensions I added:

Intell Color Swatcher
TM Custom Menu
TM Easy Tabs

Apparently, there is some conflict, I suspect it being the Color Swatcher extension. I realized color swatching is less important than people not being able to shop at all.  After I disabled or uninstalled these 3 extensions, all my links and buttons now work perfectly!!!! 

I hope this helps anyone else!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community