Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout Page problem

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Hello,

I am having a problem with my checkout page.  For the life of me I can’t figure out why it won’t move on to the Payment screen.  It loads the other sections fine but once you save the Shipping Methods it says loading and stays on the shipping methods and doesn’t make the payment area active.  I have looked at both the default Magento theme and mine and I can’t figure out what might be the difference.  I haven’t modified any of the checkout page templates so that can’t be it and I swapped the CSS in for both and that didn’t cause a problem.  If anyone can please take a look at it I would be very appreciate.  Here is my test site:

http://67.228.237.156/

I only have one product under the category deer labeled test.  If someone can just add that to a cart and checkout and just see if they notice anything in the code or anything obvious.  Thanks guys!

-Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@alistek: i was able to create an order successfully - what are the specific steps and data that lead to the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

Sorry I fixed that but it wouldn’t let me post here for some reason, I posted in the CPM forum.  Let me try to repost how I fixed it.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

Hello,

I have solved this problem, was a pain but I figured out that if you change the page template of the checkout page it will break.  I changed from the 2columns-right.phtml in the checkout.xml layout to the 1column.phtml.  The reason that this broke is because of the right order progress section.  The opcheckout.js will be wanting to reload the progress section every time you move a step but if the progress section isn’t there it will not be able to move on past the shipping methods (if you don’t do a separate shipping address).  To fix this, I did two things (both might not be needed).  In the layout xml I did an unsetChildren on the progress sections (might not actually be needed) and in the opcheckout.js I commented out the this.reloadProgressBlock(); lines.  That will let it move on and use a different layout.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

patbrumfield

Total Posts:  20

excellent, this solution has helped me immensely. thank you. have you noticed any glitches or errors upon removing the

this.reloadProgressBlock();

from the opcheckout.js file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Normal, IL

No there have not been any glitches and people have been able to checkout just fine, hope it is working well for you also!

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community