Magento Forum

   
1.4.2.1 to 1.8.1.0 Database Upgrade
 
youngb
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  7
Joined:  2011-09-19
 

Hi Guys,

I’ve been upgrading a magento site - it was running 1.4.1.1, I upgraded that via SSH to 1.4.2.1 then straight up to 1.8.1.0 (via ssh)

I’ve cleared /var/cache and run a reindex command via ssh and cleared browser cache then i’ve pointed my browser to the site (it’s not a live site, it’s a duplicate) but the database seems to be taking ages to upgrade. The first time it ran it through a bunch of php array errors and then when that had finished loading I ran through the same process (reindex all, clear cache, etc) then refreshed the page. I’d say its been running for about 3.5 hours now and there doesnt seem to be any hope in site. The site is just “loading” (white screen with the browser triyng to load the page) there’s no errors coming up in the apache error log nor the magento error log - I assume it’s just running the database upgrade procedure and I understand that can take some time for larger sites (I’ve experienced this before) but this is the second weekend attempting to upgrade this and It’s basically now costing me money.

I’ve tried the following the no luck:

1.4.1.1 via ssh to 1.4.2.1 then magento connect up to 1.5.0.1 - at this point I ran into “module dependency” issues which made me question the reason i’m alive! (haha)

I’ve tried 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.1 via ssh then via ssh install-file (using the .tar.gz from the magento archives) to 1.6.0.0 with no luck

Last weekend I managed to get it to 1.8.1.0 (I don’t remember how - it was 5am after a very long few nights) - I managed to get into the admin panel, I decided to clear the magento cache and then it all went to hell (similar to what its doing now - loading the webpage with no end)

I’ve also tried loading the index.php file via ssh instead of using a browser and that hasnt given me much luck either.

I’m reasonably experienced with magento and I’ve done maybe a dozen multi-version upgrades and around a dozen single-version upgrades. Never run into such a problem...I’m wondering if that is because this is the biggest site yet. The SQL Database is just over 700mb.

Any suggestions/tips/hints/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
testhunter
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  5
Joined:  2014-02-07
">
 

that’s awesome

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
testhunter
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  5
Joined:  2014-02-07
">
 

a

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
testhunter
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  5
Joined:  2014-02-07
">
 

asag

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
testhunter
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  5
Joined:  2014-02-07
">
 

alert(1)//]" onmouseover=prompt(1) a=”

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
testhunter
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  5
Joined:  2014-02-07
">
 

“ onmouseover=prompt(1) a=”

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
    Back to top