Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Terms and Conditions stops purchase orders from working

hez

Total Posts:  103

Hi,

When a user has the option of selecting Purchase Order as a payment method and Terms and Conditions is installed the program does not progress to the Order Review section.  When uninstalled, purchase orders return to normal.

Heather

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Did

Total Posts:  76
Paris, France

Same problem here, the mod works with the default template but fails with the modern theme

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dieter Messner [mindixx]

Total Posts:  6
Austria

With the template “modern theme” you have to copy the file “termsandconditions.xml” from the defaultpath app/design/fontend/default/default/layout to the path of your “modern theme” in app/design/fontend/xxxxxxx/default/layout ("xxxxxxx" stands for your theme name).
With this it works

Dieter

Magento Community
Magento Community

Did

Total Posts:  76
Paris, France

Thanks for the tip Dieter, unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me even with the properly added:

/app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/termsandconditions.xml
/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/termsandconditions/ (Folder)
/skin/frontend/default/default/js/opcheckoutterms.js

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dieter Messner [mindixx]

Austria

/app/design/frontend/default/default -> isn’t this the path of the default template?

the modern template takes a new path: /app/design/frontend/<designname>/default/… - in this path you have to copy the files (and opcheckoutterms.js in /skin/frontend/<designname>/default/js/)

Dieter

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

I am having a similar problem with this extension.  It is breaking my Authorize.net CC checkout and not letting the order pass through.  I am using the default theme. 

When I press the “Place Order” button, the system just hangs............. (as shown in the picture)

Oh and BTW - It is not breaking my Check or Money Order orders......  hmmm

Image Attachments
Error2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

markus.schall

Total Posts:  12
Reutlingen, Germany

Did - 03 June 2008 12:05 PM

Thanks for the tip Dieter, unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me even with the properly added:

/app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/termsandconditions.xml
/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/termsandconditions/ (Folder)
/skin/frontend/default/default/js/opcheckoutterms.js

Hi,

i had the same problem and it doesn’t work after copy the files. in checkout, the left info-bar wasn’t show and processing breaks after shipping method. here is my workaround:

- you must copy the files as described. after that, you must edit the code:

- the termsandconditions.xml in app/design/frontend/default/<modern>/layout is fit to the page/2columns-right.phtml template instead of the page/2columns-left.phtml from the modern template. compare it with app/design/frontend/default/<modern>/layout/checkout.xml (edited working file in attachment)

- open the file skin/frontend/default/<modern>/js/opcheckoutterms.js and edit the following line:

reloadProgressBlock: function(){

var updater = new Ajax.Updater($$('.col-right')[0]this.progressUrl{method'get'onFailurethis.ajaxFailure.bind(this)});
},

to:

reloadProgressBlock: function(){

var updater = new Ajax.Updater('checkout-progress-wrapper'this.progressUrl{method'get'onFailurethis.ajaxFailure.bind(this)});
},

<modern> = your modern theme folder

after all, it works cheese

File Attachments
termsandconditions.xml  (File Size: 14KB - Downloads: 250)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jugglefish

Total Posts:  4

Ich bekomme beim letztem Schritt im checkout die folgende Fehlermeldung, hat jemand zufällig eine Idee, wo ich nachschauen muss?

a:2:{i:0;s:61:"Invalid method Mage_Core_Block_Template::canPrint(Array
(
)
)"
;i:1;s:2878:"#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call('canPrint', Array)
#1 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/success.phtml(29): Mage_Core_Block_Template->canPrint()
#2 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(131): include('/srv/www/www.ex...')
#3 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(163): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#4 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(180): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#5 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#6 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(37): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#8 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(431): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(408): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#10 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml(50): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#11 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(131): include('/srv/www/www.ex...')
#12 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(163): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#13 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(180): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#14 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(554): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#15 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(505): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(319): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#17 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(151): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#18 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->successAction()
#19 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(159): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('success')
#20 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#21 /srv/www/www.example.com/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#22 /srv/www/www.example.com/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#23 {main}"
;}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phoenix Medien - DE

Total Posts:  187
Stuttgart, Germany

To fix the canPrint exception you have to edit termsandconditions.xml, search for the line

<block type="core/template" name="checkout.success" template="checkout/success.phtml" />
and replace it with
<block type="checkout/onepage_success" name="checkout.success" template="checkout/success.phtml" />

Magento Community
Magento Community

jasperc

Total Posts:  8

Sorry but your suggestion did’nt fix my problem. And for some reason i can’t uninstall it by magento connect because its not showing up. Any idea how i can manually uninstall this?

dankedanke!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phoenix Medien - DE

Total Posts:  187
Stuttgart, Germany

You could just re-install the extension, this should overwrite all files. Then you could apply the change I mentioned. This change worked and fixed the problem in every installation I tested.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jasperc

Total Posts:  8

I re-installed my whole store, there were certain problems after migrating it to another server. thnx for the reply anyway!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maxcdr

Hi,

I’m running Magento ver 1.0.19870.4.

I didn’t change the template from this installation thus the paths are :
/app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/
/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/
/skin/frontend/default/default/

In the last checkout step when clicking on “place order”, the customer gets back to the cart and the order is not recorded.

I tried the changes proposed by markus.schall above but without any success… Any idea ?

Thanks !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maxcdr

I finally found out what went wrong : I forgot to comment some lines in order to remove the Withdrawal box…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community