I just finished this on my site today. Here is how I proceeded.
1. Create 4 new attributes: rebate_url.....rebate_description ......rebate_start_date......rebate_end_date
2. For the rebate_url attribute, I named it Current Rebates.
2. Make sure this is set for each (Visible on Product View Page on Front-end)
3. Make sure the date fields are set to Date, etc.,,,,,
4. Create a folder on your server name (downloads) or whatever you want.
5. I copied all of my rebate.pdf’s to that folder.
6. In the rebate_url for each product I use the following code:
RIGHT-CLICK and SAVE AS to download! <a href=/downloads/25246.pdf>Download Rebate Form</a>
7. I used a .csv file to upload the product info for items that have a rebate and to set the products rebate information.
Here’s a few tricks I use when changing my .csv when I add lots of products..
For the fields; image,small_image and thumbnail, I just copy this formula in the formula bar for the field image;
="/" & F2 & “.gif”
(this is because when you upload new products and the product image is already uploaded to the media folder, this ensures the image is created when the product is created)
Now I copy that formula into the image field above for each product. So each image field should show 12345.gif (or whatever sku your using)
Now, copy the contents of the image column and copy it over to all 3 fields by right-clicking, choosing Paste-Special, then formulas.
Ok, so now each field for image information should be taking the sku from F2 of the csv, adding .gif to the end of it. Any questions...lol
I do the same thing for rebate_url. Formula in csv..
="RIGHT-CLICK and SAVE AS to download! <a href=/downloads/” & F2 & “.pdf” & “>Download Rebate Form</a>”
Again, this takes the sku number, adds the information before it, adds the .pdf and the information after it. Any questions..
REMEMBER: When you save a .csv file, the formulas WILL NOT be saved! That’s just how csv’s work.
Here’s my store showing how it looks on a product page;
It’s not the greatest way to accomplish this, but it’s all I could come up with..
The original post for the idea and the attributes is here; Thanks to MXWest
Well I can’t upload the csv file..go figure Magento is broke