Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extension which displays associated products in search results

Extensionsbuyer

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I apologize in advances if I posted this question in the wrong place.

Does anyone know where I can find an extension that allows a search (with image) of associated products?

For example, if you visit this link and put in the key words “ladies top” you will see all the associated products of the configurable products amongst the search results (colours)

http://preselectswatches.cjmcreativedesigns.com/products.html

I have looked at the search the Magento commerce site and I can only find extensions which show swatches - not the full associated product.

For various reasons, which I won’t go into, I prefer not buy the particular extension that I have shown the link to, but I need one that supplies the functionality of that one.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Extensionsbuyer,

You can have a look at Color Swatches Pro. It does let customers buy configurables from category pages.
You can see an example on the screenshot below.

Image Attachments
color-swatches-4.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

First of all, in the Product Information->Visibility make the associated products visible for the search engine (and for Catalog if you require, it’s default option anyway).

Then you can use this advanced Search Auto Complete extension that improves search functionality and shows up the relevant results in a flash; also it shows product image thumbnail, name and price; easily tweak the css to make it match your store design and theme.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community