Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to Get Help - Does Anyone Answer Posts? 

businesswoman

Total Posts:  11
Dallas, TX

Since I’m new to Magento - I have questions.  I would like to know how to get help.  I’ve posted my question in the How Do I section of the forum, but as of yet have not had any reply from a team member or moderator, let alone anyone else.  I could not find my answer in the wiki or the user’s guide, so I turned to the forum.  Are there any team moderators that can be counted on to actually respond to all the “unanswered” questions people are posting?  Will the answers be posted in forum as a response to the questions asked, or will people get a private email response?  I really would lilke to know, because without the support, this program could be a flop because it becomes unusable to all those small business owners (like myself) who are finding it difficult to understand and set up and we give up because of the lack of support/information.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

greggsand

Total Posts:  29

I agree. This is a major part of my frustration with Magento thus far. Simple questions go unanswered and the documentation is unorganized, IMO.

I realize that it is still early, so many of us users don’t have the answers to help out others. Hopefully this improves over time.

And it doesn’t help that forum seach doesn’t seem to work very well (the seach box is poorly located and only on select pages. the search results seem too narrow in some cases and wildly unrelated to the query in other cases...)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community