Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Items Ordered language display issue

AndrasH

Total Posts:  23

I am working on website that has 3 store views, set for the following languages: Romanian, Hungarian and English. The problem is that in the My Account section the order items are only displayed on the language they were orderd on. So for ex. I ordered a product when the language what set to Romanian, and if I change to English, everything is changed, except the product name (see attached).

It\’s the same thing if try to print the order from the front-end.

I tried to find a solution but couldn\’t find out where should I modify the code.

Image Attachments
Print Order   100000030.pngOrder   100000030.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Krish_TechnoLab

Total Posts:  29
India

If you want to display store wise different name of any product then you have to set it from catalog product edit page using admin panel.

In admin panel edit any product. Now from the top left side using “Choose Store View” drop-down select your desired store-view. Now in the “General” tab you can see the Name field which is uneditable. Now uncheck the “Use Default Value” checkbox and by doing this you can be able to enter the value for the Name field. Here entered your desired name of the product and finally save the product.

You can see the store-view specific name on the frontend and also on the order details page.

Krish TechnoLabs
http://www.krishtechnolabs.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

AndrasH

Total Posts:  23

Thanks Krish_TechnoLab for the reply,

The problem is that, that is how the products are set up, every product has it’s name for each storeview and it works everywhere, except at the orders when I change the storeview.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Krish_TechnoLab

Total Posts:  29
India

If you want current store view specific name for the order details page on frontend then open the below file.
File Path: app/design/frontend/base/default/template/sales/order/items/renderer/default.phtml

In this file replace the below line

<h3 class="product-name"><?php echo $this->escapeHtml($_item->getName()) ?></h3>
with below new code
<h3 class="product-name"><?php echo $this->escapeHtml($_item->getProduct()->getName()) ?></h3>

After placing the new line check your order details page for different store views. It will displays store view specific names for the products.

Krish TechnoLabs
http://www.krishtechnolabs.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community