Magento Forum

FOOMAN Online Store running on Magento

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

We’ve decided early on that we wanted our showcase store to be running on Magento. The flexibility of it is simply amazing. Hats off to the Varien team!

Customisations include:
* Shopping Cart becomes only visible when items have been added
* Ajaxified image gallery on product pages
* enhanced GoogleAnalytics Extension (available on Magento Connect)

If there is enough interest we’ll look into making the other customisations available as well.

Here it is: store.fooman.co.nz

Feedback and orders welcome wink

Image Attachments
FOOMAN Funktified + Stylicious_Screen1.pngFOOMAN Funktified + Stylicious_Screen2.pngFOOMAN Funktified + Stylicious_Screen3.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I think my favorite part of this is how you made the product images show up to show what you currently have in your cart - that’s a pretty creative modification.

Magento Community
Magento Community

havocware

Total Posts:  13
Chicago, IL

Hey guys - this looks to be a very cool layout/concept for the store.  Nice job all the way around.

Question for you - on your configurable products (tshirts, etc), how were you able to show the proper thumbnail icon for the configured item in the cart?

Example:
Creating a “wasabi” colored shirt, places the “wasabi” thumbnail in the cart, and a powder blue version adds a powder blue thumbnail of the product, etc.

Even though I have thumbs for each permutation of my config products, I only seem to get the main thumb for the configurable product in the cart view.

Was yours a (successful) hack, or am I missing something?  [and - if it was indeed a hack, can you share it… wink ]

Thx!

- hw

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

thanks sherrie

@havocware: this is functionality out of the box from Magento. To enable it from your admin area go to

configuration > checkout

Then you will find under Shopping Cart Options: “Configurable product image”. Set it to Product Thumbnail Itself and you should be all set.

Magento Community
Magento Community

matponta

Total Posts:  39
Italy

@fooman

Hey it’s wonderful how the cart thumbs work!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community