Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Would anyone interested in a fully working Open icecat integration either service or component ? 

mrploddy

Total Posts:  13

Hello,

I work for a web dev company and as part of my work I’ve developed an icecat integration in a little zend application. It’s not currently part of magento yet but it has the ability to

- Create all 924 categories of open icecat
- Create all 924 attribute sets associated per each category
- Take a CSV file containing manufacturer part number, supplier SKU and price and match against open icecat
- Import products with full technical data specs, images and place in to the correct category.

It doesn’t work for languages other than english yet but it could be modified to…

Jut wondering if there is any interest in that being developed from an in house tool to a commercial extension or for a full service eg blank shop with api access details and population of the shop…

-mrploddy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ncgt

Total Posts:  14

Hello,

have you found anyone or any solutions?  i just installed Magento v.1.4 and installed the ICEcat extention.  I see it in the system configuration but it doesn’t allow me to put my username or password.  I newbie… please help if you know how it works and how make the changes to work....

thank you,

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrploddy

Total Posts:  13

We have a fully working solution for importing products from Icecat but this is not going to be released as an extension for commercial reasons, sorry.

It has been developed as a fully bespoke service based on individual client need and we believe that it needs the human touch to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Our latest client now has a shop with 19,000+ products in all with technical data sheets imported from icecat!!

If you need an icecat integration doing please contact our sales manager at sales@juicymedia.co.uk and he would be happy to arrange a personalized quotation for you to take advantage of this service.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Iceshop

Total Posts:  9

Hi here,

If you are interested, we (Iceshop) have a new Icecat module which must help you.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/icecat-live-5311.html
The module fully working with latest Magento version
Also we provide a good support, if you have any problems/questions feel free to contact us.

Kind regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community