Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to NOT show product images ? 

Synapse

Total Posts:  4

Hello

We have thousands of products we wish to list in our store and for 99% of them we don’t want to show an image or take up the screen real estate with a place-holder. But of course we would like the ability to have an image for some Featured items. We’re using the Modern theme.

I can’t see anywhere how to ‘disable’ images (and thus place-holder) for products ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

Don’t upload any images for the products and replace the placeholder image with a clear 1px gif
from the backend System> configuration> catalog> catalog> image placeholders.
you can replace the base image small image and thumbnail image. and you should have an extra pixel to spare wink

This would enable you to upload photos for the products you do want to show images for, and all without touching code…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Synapse

Total Posts:  4

Good thinking PP, tried it with the std spacer.gif but unfortunately it’s now left a big black hole in the page :( ... any other ideas ??

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

try a png with alpha transparency.

If there is still a black square, thats css. Just find the style that controls the image. ( it may have a BG color set) although I don’t think so cause I use pngs for my images. and they look great! no black showing through at all…

Also look here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8510/
but this will disable all product images…

Magento Community
Magento Community

overhaulmedia

Total Posts:  17

Im in the middle of doing this -> http://a-comp.ca/parts/hd

However im running into an issue having everything display on one line. I cant find the price code. If out of stock it works well but I would like the price to display even if out of stock.. and again all on one line.

What you need to do is edit list.phtml then there is a spot in boxes.css you need to change the width to 100%.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community