Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product with future availability date. 

mark_sims

Total Posts:  13

I’ve got a product that i’m interested in adding now, but not allowing people to purchase until a future date. In the interim, an “available soon” note might replace the add to cart button. Is there a way to do this? I looked through the product settings, but it looked like the closest thing was the active from date. Any help would be appreciated,

mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hombrone

Total Posts:  15

I need the same function. Example, in a product list, or in the product page, I need a text like: The product will be available on: “date”.
Then I set Backorder in the configuration and i still can put it in the cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ScommerceMage

Total Posts:  103
United Kingdom

The below module is pretty close to what you are looking for

http://www.scommerce-mage.co.uk/magento-extensions/magento-automated-product-publish-date.html

This module allows you to set when the products should be available on your site for your customers. This way you can create new products before hand and publish them on the given date automatically.

Here are the main features of this module-:

- It allows you to set future start date of your products so that products will appear on the website only on the given date
- It allows you to set future end date of your products so that products will taken out from your website on the given date
- It allows you to bulk update the products with future starat and end date which automatically publish or taken products out respectively from your website without manual intervention
- This module helps site owners with seasonal products as they can set the start and end date in advance
- This module can be completely disabled whenever required via system configuration in admin

Kind Regards
Scommerce Mage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community