Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Move reviews and review form to product page? 

yogabasics

Total Posts:  19

Is it possible to move reviews and review form to product page?  I don’t like having the link to another page for customers to read and write reviews, it would be great to have all of this on the one product page.  If possible, please let me know how to do this.  I’ve played with moving the relevent code from detailed.phtml to the view.phtml pages but it didn’t work right and I don’t know enough php to make things work.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vicek

Total Posts:  12

hello
i have same problem, i was trying to do this with that:
catalog.xml
FIND:

<!--
Product view
-->
[..]

<reference name="content">
ADD AFTER:
<block type="review/product/detailed" name="product.info.review" as="product_review" />

in catalog/product/view.phtml at bottom add:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_review'?>
but this doesnt work, any tips ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vicek

small edit wink i menaged to show review form on product detailed page but reviews doesnt show

HOW TO:
read the post before and change

<block type="review/product/detailed" name="product.info.review" as="product_review" />
ON:
<block type="review/list_detailed" name="product.info.review" template="review/product/detailed2.phtml" as="product_review">
                <!--<
action method="setTemplate"><param>1</param></action> -->
                <
action method="setUsePager"><param>1</param></action>
                <
block type="catalog/product_view_super_config" name="product.info.config" as="super_config" template="catalog/product/view/super/config.phtml"/>
                <
block type="catalog/product_view_super_group" name="product.info.group" as="super_group" template="catalog/product/view/super/group.phtml"/>
     </
block>

anyone know how to show the reviews ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr. Teal

Total Posts:  14

@vicek: it doesn’t work for me, but I found an easier solution:

in catalog.xml the block I added (in the same position) is:

<block type="review/product_view_list" name="product.info.product_additional_data" as="product_review" template="review/product/view/list.phtml">
  <
block type="review/form" name="product.review.form" as="review_form"/>
</
block>

and, as you said, in catalog/product/view.phtml wherever you want add:

This shows the reviews, too!
I hope it helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdreger

Montana, USA

Thank you for posting your code! I’ve been trying to figure this out all day, and your code worked perfectly.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

Thanks for the information above, it is has been very helpful. I’m wanting to go a little further with the placement of the reviews though. Using the code posted by Mr. Teal, how would I place the review form within the description of the product page? I can get it to show up above and below with no problem, but what is the CMS code for making the review form show up somewhere in the middle of the product description?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

Any idea on how to make the above code from Mr. Teal have the reviews appear within the product description section? The above information will set the reviews above and below the product description, but what is the code to place it within the actual HTML of the product description?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kneemahp

Total Posts:  116

i’m interested in this as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

adffe

Total Posts:  2

I do mr. Teal’s suggest for 1.4 version with the magento-sample-data-1.2.0,but this seem doesnt work. who can tell me the accurate position Code should be put?

Magento Community
Magento Community

undecided

Total Posts:  21

I’ll try to add my solution for version 1.4 for including reviews WITH page toolbar:

From what I found, it’s not necessary to modify view.phtml, but enought to modify your local.xml (new template suggestion by magento instead of copying other xml files) you should add to section:
<catalog_product_view>
<reference name="content">
ADD CODE HERE
</reference>
</catalog_product_view>

This code:

<block type="review/product_view_list" name="product.info.product_additional_data" as="product_review" template="review/product/view/list.phtml">
<block type="page/html_pager" name="product_review_list.toolbar" />
<block type="core/template" name="product_review_list.count" template="review/product/view/count.phtml" />
<block type="review/product_view_list" name="product.info.product_additional_data" as="product_additional_data" template="review/product/view/list.phtml">
<block type="review/form" name="product.review.form" as="review_form">
<block type="page/html_wrapper" name="product.review.form.fields.before" as="form_fields_before">
<action method="setMayBeInvisible"><value>1</value></action>
</block>
</block>
</block>
</block>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robin B Raphael

Total Posts:  38

Hi,

In my project i am display some products in the side bar....whn i am clicking on the product it get displayed on the Homepage(list.phtml)...What i need is...i want to add a link in the homepage as Discussion ...After Clicking in tht link, i need a page in which user can have some discussion regarding the particular product......Can anyone help me.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

ruffcrib2000

Total Posts:  18
Sydney

mr. Teal - 04 February 2010 07:51 AM

@vicek: it doesn’t work for me, but I found an easier solution:

in catalog.xml the block I added (in the same position) is:

<block type="review/product_view_list" name="product.info.product_additional_data" as="product_review" template="review/product/view/list.phtml">
  <
block type="review/form" name="product.review.form" as="review_form"/>
</
block>

and, as you said, in catalog/product/view.phtml wherever you want add:

This shows the reviews, too!
I hope it helps

Very helpful. Thanks mate. Works like a charm in 1.4.1 . One minute its done. Just remember to refresh the cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kneemahp

Total Posts:  116

what a great post!

this works for me with 1.4.1.

as far as the block code in catalog.xml. i placed my code after

<block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.info.addtocart" as="addtocart" template="catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml"/>

this way my reviews sit inside the description right before the upsell. feels perfectly natural.

Magento Community
Magento Community

templatetees

Total Posts:  9

kneemahp - 25 August 2010 03:26 PM

what a great post!

this works for me with 1.4.1.

as far as the block code in catalog.xml. i placed my code after

<block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.info.addtocart" as="addtocart" template="catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml"/>

this way my reviews sit inside the description right before the upsell. feels perfectly natural.

Works great, but the only problem is that the summary links that are generated are directed to pages that do not exist, is there a way to remove the link feature but keep the summary text?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

davelauc

Total Posts:  6

I have the reviews displaying on the product page, but I have been struggling with, what I hope, is an easy fix.

How do I control the number of reviews displayed? The toolbar gives the options 10,20,50 - defaulting at 10. Where do I change this? I have gone through all of associated files and it looks like it is controlled through the Admin… but where? I looked in catalog/frontend and a bunch of other places but can’t seem to find it.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

vsnetfreak

Total Posts:  32
Bhilai, Chhattisgarh

I am using easytabs and trying to move review box just above the product price and attributes. Please advice.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2