Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need to use the Magento Core Functions

phphitz

Total Posts:  8
India

Hi, I want to use the magento core functions to get product details, category details,,

also how magento is fetching that all i am not been able to understand, I have hard times watching this code ,

so anybody has exposure can get back to me,

as many developers is looking for customization on their own but magento’s code is not that easy to grasp :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pankajk

Total Posts:  38
Mumbai -101, Maharastra, India

try to use template hints this is really great functionality of magento to enable template hints go to system>configuration select “Default srore view” form Current Configuration Scope:  which is top left dropdown and when page is get refreshed select developer from bottom left menu then select Debug and make Template Path Hints to yes and save the setting and go to frontend and check you will get the path of each .phtml page used for each path go to that path and change as you want magento is very flexible.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community