According to http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements, there are a couple of extensions that need to be installed.
I only need to install PDO/MySQL, mhash and mcrypt. The other extensions are installed by default.
I use Ubuntu Server 7.04.
If I want to install mcrypt for PHP, can I just do this?:
apt-get install php5-mcrypt
Or do I have to install it like the examples at ONLAMP (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2001/07/26/encrypt.html?page=3)?
1. Download the Mcrypt library
2. gunzip mcrypt-x.x.x.tar.gz
3. tar -xvf mcrypt-x.x.x.tar
4. ./configure --disable-posix-threads
6. make install
7. cd to your PHP directory.
8. ./configure -with-mcrypt=[dir] [--other-configuration-directives]
10. make install
The first option seems the easiest one, but I don’t know if that’s the correct one.