Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Exception caught:  Warning: mkdir(): File exists

oxus

Total Posts:  1

Hy, I have got this error when I try to install some extension and theme:
Exception caught:

Warning: mkdir(): File exists in /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/System.php on line 280

Backtrace:

#0 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/System.php(280): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'mkdir(): File e...', '/home/sportmed/...', 280, Array)
#1 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/System.php(403): System->mkDir('../var/tmp', 511)
#2 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(243): System->mktemp(Array)
#3 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(159): OS_Guess->_detectGlibcVersion('glibctest')
#4 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(114): OS_Guess->parseSignature()
#5 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Dependency2.php(105): OS_Guess->OS_Guess(NULL)
#6 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(259): PEAR_Dependency2->PEAR_Dependency2()
#7 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(501): PEAR_Downloader->getDependency2Object(Object(PEAR_Config), Array, Array, 4)
#8 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(409): PEAR_Downloader->analyzeDependencies(Object(PEAR_Config), Array, Array, 4)
#9 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Install.php(629): PEAR_Downloader->download(Array)
#10 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(285): PEAR_Command_Install->doInstall(Array)
#11 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(234): PEAR_Command_Common->run('install', Array, Array)
#12 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(301): Maged_Pear->run('install', Array, Array)
#13 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(245): Maged_Pear->runHtmlConsole('install', Array, Array)
#14 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(135): Maged_Model_Pear->installPackage(Array)
#15 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(368): Maged_Controller->pearInstallPackagePostAction('magento-communi...')
#16 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(183): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#17 /home/sportmed/public_html/downloader/index.php(35): Maged_Controller::run()
#18 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

peepsnet

Total Posts:  1

I get the same kind of error… Anytime I try to install any extension.

godaddy hosting

Don

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ant_Z

Total Posts:  4

Anyone? i have the same

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ant_Z

Total Posts:  4

I think the problem is in the ./downloader/pearlib/pear.ini - I found there the broken path to the /downloader folder - so i propose you to check it. I corrected it but now i recieve another error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PEAR_Error::set() in /home/magento/domains/techno-shop.biz/public_html/downloader/Maged/Pear.php on line 111

Magento Community
Magento Community

ggchamp

Total Posts:  153

I have this same problem i dont want to chmod to 777 for obvious reasons, is there any other way around this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MSTteam

Total Posts:  16
Thai Nguyen

I have same error as OXUS . anyone fixed this error plz shared. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Roach

Total Posts:  3

Also getting same issue aswell. Can’t install any extensions as a result.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kaydyluke

Total Posts:  3

Have you tried a different hosting? I remember facing something like this before and I moved to a new hosting and the problem just disappear.

Magento Community
Magento Community

authepan

Total Posts:  2

sometimes there can be incompatibilities with the host you are using and the settings they have on their server. Either that or it a permissions error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Remember that extension profiles also have a link for how to contact the developer. You may want to check with them if there are any known issues installing their extension.

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community