Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer Dropdown Attributes on Admin

rover

Total Posts:  3

I need some help in populating a dropdown customer attribute. So far, I have added a new eav_attribute (pref_shopping_period) and given it a frontend_input value of ‘select’. Most of the other values have been mirrored from the ‘manufacturer’ attribute. I have added neither backend_model or source_model, at this point.

I have also added the matching entries into eav_attribute_option and eav_attribute_option_value. Six options in the eav_attribute_option table, all with sort_order set to 0. Six option values in the eav_attribute_option_value table, each associating to the correct option_id and store_id.

However, when I go into admin to view the dropdown, nothing is populated and no options are available—the dropdown is there, but no entries.

Please help me to understand what I am doing wrong. I can do the same sort of thing with manufacterer (product attribute), but not the customer side.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community