Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Homepage question, looking for link

Mr Turk

Total Posts:  25

Im trying to set my homepage to a direct storefront. Currently Im trying through my .htacess file just pointing it to the storfront and failing.
I want a very simple website for selling products.  Just 1 store and 1 category then I can sort everything using attributes on the layers navigation on the left.  i would like to bypass the home page.  Is there a way I can do this. Currrently the category im trying to go to is.
domain.com/tv-series is there a way I can point it dirrectly there without going through the home so that anytime someone types just domain.com it will arrive in that storefronts category?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mr Turk

Any input or ideas would be appreciated Im not just looking for a quik fix I need a little guidance. been workign on this for days. Ive got everything else going good and this is tying me up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dale Grim

Total Posts:  14

If you don’t mind having magento setup in a directory other than root you could

install magento in /the_root_to_your_domain/store

Then in /the_root_to_your_domain either use .htaccess or a redirect inside index.php to /root_to_your_domain/store/<youronecategory>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mr Turk

Thats basically what Ive been doing and failing.  New question, Is there a physical file that the URL Key [global] points too?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community